Distl has partnered with Michelle Senayah of Seneyah Design and Arianna Cancelli of Grounded Planning to found The Laneway Project, a non-profit organization helping to improve laneways across Toronto.
Mackenzie Keast of Distl is Chair of The Board, and is assisted by the Laneway Project’s incredible Advisory Committee:
- Stewart Chisholm, Director of Partner Services, Evergreen CityWorks
- Brandon Donelly, Development Project Manager, TAS Design Build
- Jode Roberts, Communications, David Suzuki Foundation
- Jayme Turney, Head, Toronto Public Space Initiative
- Evan Weinburg, Policy and Advocacy Manager, Toronto Financial District
Toronto has over 250 km of laneways. The Laneway Project sees their potential – with opportunities for new public spaces, retail and cafe offerings, and enhanced landscaping. We help transform them into safe, vibrant, people-friendly spaces, working collaboratively with local stakeholders and the community to provide people-focused laneway solutions that improve the neighbourhood and the city as a whole.
We’ll be at this years YIMBY Festival, on September 27 from 11:00am to 4:00pm at 371 Bloor Street West. Come see what organizations across the city are doing to help improve our urban experience, and check out our booth to learn more about the exciting initiatives The Laneway Project is working on!