ENGAGING IN-BETWEEN SPACES
Toronto’s First Summit on Laneways
Thursday, Nov 20 2014
6:00pm – 10:00 pm
The Great Hall | 1087 Queen St W
Spaces are filling up fast for Engaging In-Between Spaces, an event hosted by our newly co-founded organization, The Laneway Project. Join us for a lively discussion on the future of over 250 km of laneways in our city. Moderated by CBC’s Mary Weins, 5 speakers will give short presentations on the potential of our city’s laneways:
- How we can transform our laneways into more vibrant, safe, and people-friendly spaces.
- Laneways as transportation corridors, green infrastructure, and community gathering spaces
- The cultural and economic potential of laneways
Planners, designers, policy makers, artists, community organizers and laneway lovers from across the City are invited to attend this event featuring presentations by:
- Phil Bliss, BrightLane
- Brandon Donnelly, TAS Design Build
- Mark Garner, Downtown Yonge BIA
- Dylan Reid, Walk Toronto and Spacing
- Victoria Taylor, Taylor Landscape Architect and Jonas Spring, Ecoman
Followed by a moderated discussion between speakers and attendees. Cocktail reception with food, music and a cash bar to follow.
$10 Tickets. Limited seating available.